We are now receiving Summer Camp 2024 Staff and Volunteer Applications! Click here to apply.
Our Mission at Camp is to nurture self development and connection with animals, nature, and the camp community.
Benefits of working at Circle R Ranch?
- You get to grow as a leader.
- Connect with and work in nature and with our animals all summer.
- Be active, play, and learn how to facilitate fun games.
- Be a role model for children and make a difference in the world.
- Learn life skills such as adaptability, effective communication, conflict resolution, emotional regulation, mindfulness, and more.
- Learn hard skills about caring for animals, archery, canoeing, camp bushcraft, nature connection and lots more.
- Build your resume and earn a strong reference from our senior staff by showing you can be responsible with children.
- Be valued as part of a community of more than forty people who share values and support our camp mission.
- Have fun!!
Camp is a place to make great friends and memories that will last a lifetime. It is a chance to spend quality time in nature while you learn about yourself and the world around you. It is a place where you will be challenged in a way that allows ultimate personal growth. By meeting those challenges, you get to learn skills that will help you anywhere you go in life. You’ll also get to have a lot of fun!
What do you need to apply?
- Believe in the value of camp and willing to support our camp mission.
- Fill out an online Staff application, which includes uploading a resume and cover letter.
- Commitment to complete your contract. Counsellors are asked to commit to a minimum of four weeks. Bonuses are available for counsellors who commit to the entire summer (Pre-camp plus 9 weeks of camp). Programmers and other positions are asked, if possible, to commit to the entire summer.
- Standard First Aid with CPR C (or higher level of First Aid training. Ideal to have at time of applying but it is okay to apply without this as long as you are able to successfully complete by the start of camp. Include upcoming course date on application.)
- Other certifications depending on position (see Information Packages below)
- Clear criminal record if 18 years or older. (We will have you complete the Police Information Check after interview process has started. We use a company called Sterling BackCheck. We would send you a link and it costs $30.)
- Currently 16 years or older (or turning 16 within the year) and in or finished grade 11 at minimum
Available Positions – click the position for job details
- Day Camp Counsellor
- Program Director
- Assistant Program Director
- Program Staff and Craft Specialist
- Program Staff and Rabbitropolis Specialist
- Program Staff and Section-Head
- Program Manager
- Leadership Coordinator
- Riding Staff
- Waterfront Director
- Health Care Coordinator
- Camp Registrar
- Office Support
- Operations Staff
- Corral Volunteer
For hiring questions, please email our Camp Director, Jeremiah (Uznea) at firstname.lastname@example.org.