Job Description: Day Camp Riding Staff’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to) assessing and instructing camper groups on trails and in the corral, including horsemanship and mindfulness lessons, learning and implementing our safety protocols, learning our herd and helping to saddle, care, feed and clean up after them throughout the day. But being Riding Staff is so much more! You get an opportunity to inspire, teach, share your passion about horses and help kids take risks, grow and learn about themselves. Most of all, you get to keep the fun and the positive spirit of camp going in the corral, all while having fun, finding purpose and learning about yourself.
● Riding Staff must attend our Senior Pre-camp Training (June 20 – 23) as well as Pre-Camp Training from June 26 to June 30th, 2023.
● Day Camp runs from July 3rd, 2023 to September 1st, 2023. Riding Staff are asked, if possible, to commit to the entire summer..
● This is a day camp position. Living on site is not available at this time. Day camp bus stops are available in London, ON.
● Staff must bring their own lunches and snacks.
● Standard First Aid and CPR C is a must.
● Provide a Clear Background Check
● Skills in empathy, adaptability, initiative, problem solving, stress management
● Have a positive attitude and a willingness and openness to grow as a leader and receive feedback.
● Must be able to work well with children and in a team setting.
● Previous experience in working with horses and children is needed.
● Valid G Driver’s License is an asset but not required
The Ranch is currently hiring day camp Horseback Riding Staff for Summer 2023. This position is a great opportunity to expand your leadership skills while interacting with campers and staff and animals! The successful candidate must enjoy working with all ages in the outdoors in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
To apply to work at camp this summer as a Riding Staff please go here.
For more information please contact the Camp Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Circle R Ranch
3017 Carriage Road
or Toll Free: (877) 844-8738