Please note: We have decided to not run our overnight camp in 2022. This doesn’t mean the end of overnight camp at Circle R, but with the world in flux due to COVID we are having to adapt ourselves and are dedicated to making the camp experience the best we can with what we have and know.
*NEW* Leadership Journey Day Camp
We are excited to announce a new 2-week Leadership Journey Day Camp program that will include two overnights on the land at Circle R. Registration will open February 1st. For dates, fees and registration click here.
Eligible for campers currently in Grade 9 & 10.
Leadership Journey Session 1: July 4 – 16, 2022
Leadership Journey Session 2: July 18 – 30, 2022
WEEK 1: Monday – Friday Day Camp Program, Saturday night: overnight campout on the property (drop off 1pm Saturday/pickup @ 11am Sunday
WEEK 2: Monday – Friday Day Camp Program, Friday night: overnight campout on the property (pickup @ 11am Saturday)
- Open and accepting environment allows participants to explore who they are and who they want to be.
- Leadership sessions introduce topics such as problem solving, inclusion, stress management, personality, trust, motivation, empathy, communication, ethics, values, and more.
- All core camp activities including western horseback riding, archery, boating, swimming, gardening, crafts, team-building, string games, nature connection activities, and much more.
- Two overnights on-site
Our leadership programs provide life skills, resume-building experiences, and have proven to develop strong leaders. Participants gain valuable leadership experience in preparation for a variety of employment opportunities, including working at Circle R Ranch. Circle R’s leadership programs are designed to assist participants in the preparation to successfully manage many of life’s challenges. Our programs emphasize team building, communication, critical thinking, and personal growth.
- Provide a space where participants are inspired to explore who they are and who they want to be, not just as a leader, but as a person.
- Explore personal values and relationship to intentional actions.
- Inquire about leadership theory and put into practice.
- Develop areas such as responsibility, awareness, compassion, empathy, and more.
- Design and implement recreation programs
- Discover strategies for working with emotions in order to have resilient attitudes.
- Build connection with each other, themselves as individuals, and the natural world around them.
- Have fun!