Leadership Journey Day Camp
For summer 2023 we will be offering once again our 2-week Leadership Journey Day Camp program that will include two overnights on the land at Circle R. Registration for 2023 will open in February. For dates, fees and registration click here.
Eligible for campers currently in Grade 9 & 10.
Leadership Journey Session 1: July 3 – 15, 2023
Leadership Journey Session 2: July 17 – 29, 2023
WEEK 1: Monday – Friday Day Camp Program, Friday night: overnight campout on the property (pickup @ 10 am Saturday)
WEEK 2: Monday – Friday Day Camp Program, Friday night: overnight campout on the property (pickup @ 10am Saturday)
- Open and accepting environment allows participants to explore who they are and who they want to be.
- Leadership sessions introduce topics such as problem solving, inclusion, stress management, personality, trust, motivation, empathy, communication, ethics, values, and more.
- All core camp activities including western horseback riding, archery, boating, swimming, gardening, crafts, team-building, string games, nature connection activities, and much more.
- Two overnights on-site
Our leadership programs provide life skills, resume-building experiences, and have proven to develop strong leaders. Participants gain valuable leadership experience in preparation for a variety of employment opportunities, including working at Circle R Ranch. Circle R’s leadership programs are designed to assist participants in the preparation to successfully manage many of life’s challenges. Our programs emphasize team building, communication, critical thinking, and personal growth.
- Provide a space where participants are inspired to explore who they are and who they want to be, not just as a leader, but as a person.
- Explore personal values and relationship to intentional actions.
- Inquire about leadership theory and put into practice.
- Develop areas such as responsibility, awareness, compassion, empathy, and more.
- Design and implement recreation programs
- Discover strategies for working with emotions in order to have resilient attitudes.
- Build connection with each other, themselves as individuals, and the natural world around them.
- Have fun!