PLEASE NOTE: The following information and pictures come from camp sessions pre-COVID 2020. Some information may not be relevant or applicable due to COVID-19 protocols for the upcoming summer of 2021. Information will be updated by March 2021.
Enjoy the magic of camp for a day and enjoy the beautiful outdoors! Our PA day and Strike camps offer a fun-filled day. All activities will be dependent upon the weather. We’ll plan on spending lots of time enjoying the outdoors! Our commitment remains: to ensure a quality camp experience where all campers are engaged in a physically and emotionally safe environment, ideal for growth and development. Together we learn and discover in a place where everyone can feel at home. Day Camp is always a blast at the Ranch!
Volunteering: Opportunities are available for grades 8 and up, depending on experience. Contact us for details.
PA Day Timing: Camp runs 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Bus stops are available between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. as well as 4:30 p.m. and 5:35 p.m.
Activities: weather dependent and change slightly between:
- Western horseback riding
- Cross-country Skiing & Snowshoeing
- Nature connection games
- Visit our horses, sheep, goats, pot-bellied pig, and chickens at the farm
- Tractor-pulled hayride
- Archery (grade 3 and up)
- Arts and Crafts
- String Games (“Cat’s Cradle” and more)
PA Day campers enjoy nutritious home cooked lunch prepared by Circle R staff and served in the main lodge. For Strike Camps please bring your own bagged lunch. Circle R will provide morning and afternoon snacks as well as cold drinks throughout the day.
Bus Stop Locations for PA Days:
- Masonville Public School (25 Hillview Blvd.)
- Ryerson Public School (940 Waterloo St.)
- Wortley Public School (301 Wortley Rd.)
- SW Optimist Park (682 Southdale Rd. W. Near Bostwick Rd.)
- Bryon Northview Public School (1370 Commissioners Rd W. @ Stephen St.)
- Oakridge Centre (760 Hyde Park Rd. beside CIBC)