Circle R Ranch has 13 km of groomed and tracked trails for skiers and snowshoers of all levels. An indoor waxing area, snack bar and lunch room, ski and snowshoe rentals for adults and children, and Ski Shop for sales and repair are also available. UPDATE 2/23/2021: Due to COVID-related logistics, we are unable to offer ski rentals and indoor amenities for this winter season. Snowshoe rentals are still available through the online booking system.
*NEW* For the 2020 – 2021 season, there is an online booking system for snowshoeing and skiing. Walk-in trail tickets are not available. Due to weather and trail conditions, daily passes will usually be posted the morning of but will be posted ahead of time if possible.
Please click here to buy passes or memberships and review the following protocols. Please note that due to restrictions it is possible that we sell out of tickets.
Get the daily update! Click Here for today’s ski trail conditions.
CIRCLE R COVID-19 PROTOCOL WINTER 2020-2021
Covid-19 has become an evolving public health issue. Protecting our guests, staff members and ensuring community health, safety and well-being while visiting Circle R Ranch this winter is among our top priorities. To do our utmost to provide a safe and healthy environment, we have developed a Circle R Ranch access operating plan and protocols that meet or exceed Local, Provincial, and Federal standards while providing a safe and enjoyable outdoor recreational experience.
Our main objectives will be to:
- Avoid the 3 C’s: Closed-spaces, Crowds, Contact
- Promote the 3 W’s: Wash frequently (sanitize hands), Wear a mask, Widely space
- Communicate and Document
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
As a guest it is your responsibility to follow all updated protocols. Check this site for every visit this season for updated information as guides may change.
BEFORE visiting Circle R Ranch you must do the following:
- Covid-19 Health Check : Do not visit if you are ill, show symptoms of COVID-19, or have had contact within the last 14 days with a person who is suspect or tested positive for COVID-19.
- If visitors are travelling to Circle R from outside the region, they are asked to respect the current public health advice regarding inter-regional travel. Refer to the Government of Ontario Response Framework and your local public health agency.
- * NEW * Online Trail Passes:
Before visiting Circle R Ranch, you must purchase your Trail pass online (click here to buy passes or memberships) We offer daily trail passes as well as season memberships. Once you’ve purchased your trail pass or membership online please keep a paper or electronic receipt with you to show us when you arrive. This is your trail pass – you do not need to obtain a trail pass when you arrive at the ranch. Walk-in trail tickets are not available.
- Review the following protocols
Preparing for your Visit to Circle R Ranch
- Mandatory mask or face covering: A non-medical face mask or covering must be worn from the time you exit your vehicle, as you check-in with your on-line trail pass purchase (paper or electronic receipt), and any time that 2 meter physical distancing cannot be maintained. Once on the trails and adequate distance can be maintained, you may remove your face covering. Guests who don’t comply with the guidelines will be asked to leave.
- Maintain 2 meter physical distancing from those outside your group.
- Follow one-way traffic and all posted signage.
- Guests are encouraged to come prepared to spend their time outdoors. Please arrive ‘ready to ski’.
- Plan to use your vehicle as your personal dressing room and store your personal belongings in your car. There will be no bags or clothing left inside the lodge.
- Let others know of your intention to pass on the trails, so that you can maintain a 2-metre distance from others. Signal others using your voice. Remember to be kind, considerate of others.
- Yield to oncoming users where space is narrow. Let others move out of bridges, and other narrow spaces before entering.
- Step off trails to let others pass where possible. But please stay on trails unless letting others pass.
- Slow down on trails. Speed increases user conflicts and risks of injuries. Adjust your distance from others based on their speed to maintain physical distancing.
- Be respectful of others. Wear a non-medical mask or face covering indoors. Keep prescribed 2-metre distance from others while lining up, and respect the maximum use capacity in facilities.
- Pack in and pack out. Keep our places clean, pick up your litter and dispose of it by using appropriate garbage containers or take your waste home.
Amenities and Facilities
- Ski rentals are NOT available at this time (a limited number of snowshoe rentals are available).
- The main lodge sitting and dining area will not be available at this time.
- Washroom facilities are available at a reduced capacity in the cedar cottage (lower level) and main lodge. Please follow all signage and directions. Face covering or mask must be worn when indoors.
- The Ski Shop is not open for retail. Call the shop for questions on service or curbside pickup.
- Food Service: We will not be offering the snack bar food service this winter.
Please follow updated guidelines for safe recreation as recommended by Ontario Provincial Health. As a guest, it is your responsibility to know what to expect, and to comply with our policies. Those not following protocols will be asked to leave. Let’s keep our season safe, together.
If you feel the precautions described above do not offer adequate protection or that you cannot adhere to the guidelines outlined on this page, we ask that you please not visit this season for everyone’s health and safety.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death, especially for senior citizens and individuals with underlying medical conditions. By visiting our site, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
We’re excited to welcome you back for a safe, healthy and happy winter.
Be safe. Be kind. Have fun.
Help prevent the spread of Covid-19 and make sure everyone has a safe and fun visit to Circle R.
Get the daily update! Click Here for today’s ski trail conditions
Click Here for rates & fees
Maestro says- ‘there is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing’ Click Here for more on how to dress for the winter
Winter Ski Trails Hours of Operation
10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday
9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday