Enjoy a scenic trail ride through the picturesque Dingman Creek Valley. The hills overlooking the valley offer a beautiful view of the surroundings, which include 220 acres of rolling terrain and wooded trails. We have a variety of horses and ponies to suit beginners to experienced riders. We offer trail rides through the spring and fall seasons.
Trail Ride Availability Fall 2021:
September through November (weather permitting), trail rides are available Thursdays and Fridays. Weekend trail riding resumes in October and November. Many time slots are booked so it is best to call for details. Trail ride times are 10:00am, 12:30pm, and 2:30pm.
Cost is $55.00 plus HST per person. Trail rides can have 1 – 8 participants and are about 1 hour long. Minimum age 12 years old. Weight Restriction is 220lbs.
Pony Rides Availability Fall 2021:
Pony rides are available 12:30pm, 1:00pm, and 1:30pm on Thursdays and Fridays as well as weekends in November, weather permitting. Pony ride times are 12:30pm, 1:00pm, and 1:30pm for those days.
Cost is $38.00, including HST per person. Pony rides are about 30 minutes long. Available for ages 11 years old and younger. Regarding the 1.5 cm heal requirement (see below), for pony rides only we have limited special stirrups that can be used for pony rides but sturdy foot ware (at least rubber boots) are still necessary.
Please call ahead (519-471-3799) to set up a specific appointment. We need a credit card number to hold the booking. Payments may be made by credit or debit only on the day of the ride. Reservations are required for all riding. Call at least 24 hours in advance if you need to cancel.
Please Note: Trail riding is not offered in the summer, July and August due to our summer day and overnight youth camps, or during the winter season.
Footwear: in order to ride, you must please wear closed toed shoes with at least a 1.5 cm heal and are narrow enough to fit in the stirrups (approximately 4.5in wide). Circle R Ranch has the right to refuse trail riders who do not arrive with appropriate footwear. Sandals, crocs, high heels, open toed shoes, flimsy running shoes, or wide toed footwear will not be accepted.
Leg wear: long pants are necessary, ideally loose and comfortable. Be sure to dress for the weather.
COVID-19 Fall Protocol:
- All participants are required to wear masks when on the property. Masks may be removed once mounted, out of the corral and for the duration of the trail.
- Riders must complete a pre-ride waiver to confirm they are symptom free and will follow “outdoor only” and physical distancing rules. Riders must also confirm that they are physically able to mount and dismount their horse un-aided by staff with the use of a mounting block.
- Phone to reserve your trail time. All riders must reserve and pre-pay in advance (visa or MasterCard) to eliminate any indoor office use.
- Riders will be asked to hand sanitize on arrival.
- Helmets are mandatory for all riders. You may bring your own helmet or we have helmets available to borrow. Helmets, saddles and reins will be disinfected with a proven anti-viral spray/wipe between uses.
We hope to see you soon!