Job Description: Waterfront staff both lifeguard and run fun programs at our beautiful spring dug pond. They are responsible for keeping everyone safe, supervising and testing camper’s swimming skills, canoeing and boating, as well as engaging with the campers and supporting other camp programs when not needed at the pond. But being a camp lifeguard is so much more. You get to be a teacher, a host and a character in the lives of campers. You become a friend, mentor, and role model to both campers and other staff. You get an opportunity to inspire, share your passions and help kids grow and learn about themselves. Most of all, you get to keep the fun and the positive spirit of camp going, all while having fun, finding purpose and learning about yourself.
NOTE: “The Pond” is not considered an open waterfront. There are no waves or currents. It is naturally spring fed and maintained following standards of the Ministry of Health. Circle R Ranch is also accredited by the Ontario Camps Association.
Waterfront Director: This position is responsible for the overall supervision of the waterfront area and lifeguard staff on a spring fed pond. This includes leading our boating program and facilitating water games, teaching basic water safety to staff and campers, as well as overlooking the safety and quality of our equipment and general upkeep and cleanliness of the pond and surrounding area.
Lifeguard: Lifeguards are responsible for the safety of the campers. They must run swim tests to determine where a camper can swim (shallow or deep end), keep head counts, run water games and role model safety around the pond.
● Waterfront staff must attend our Senior Pre-camp Training (June 20 – 23) as well as Pre-Camp Training from June 26 to June 30th, 2023.
● Day Camp runs from July 3rd, 2023 to September 1st, 2023. Waterfront staff are asked, if possible, to commit to the entire summer..
● This is a day camp position. Living on site is not available at this time. Day camp bus stops are available in London, ON.
● Staff must bring their own lunches and snacks.
- Valid National Lifeguard Service certification and Standard First Aid and CPR C
- OCA standards require the Waterfront director to be a minimum of 18 years of age and have 200 or more hours of lifeguarding experience. Supervisory experience or related experience leading a small team of people is an asset.
- Previous Camp and Lifeguarding experience is ideal
- Canoeing and/or kayaking certifications are assets.
- Provide a Clear Background Check
- Skills in empathy, adaptability, initiative, problem solving, stress management
- Have a positive attitude and a willingness and openness to grow as a leader and receive feedback.
- Must be able to work well with children and in a team setting.
- Valid G Driver’s License is an asset but not required
The Ranch is currently hiring day camp Waterfront staff for Summer Day Camp 2023. Through outdoor play in the pond and the natural world lifeguards teach the campers responsibility, compassion, respect, self-esteem, the value of community, and the joy of living an active, healthy lifestyle. Lifeguards are also responsible for keeping everyone safe, showing respect for each other and the land, and including everyone in the fun of camp.
To apply to work at camp this summer as a Waterfront Staff please go here.
For more information please contact the Camp Director at email@example.com
Circle R Ranch
3017 Carriage Road
or Toll Free: (877) 844-8738