Job Description: Day Camp Counsellors responsibilities include (but are not limited to) keeping track of the campers in their group, keeping the children safe and hydrated, reminding them to use the bathroom, reapply sunscreen, eat their lunch, as well as getting their group to programs on time. But being a camp counsellor is so much more. You become your camper’s friend, mentor, and role model. You get an opportunity to inspire, share your passions and help kids grow and learn about themselves. Most of all, you get to keep the fun and the positive spirit of camp going.
● Counsellors must attend our Pre-Camp Training from June 26 to June 30th, 2023.
● Day Camp runs from July 3rd, 2023 to September 1st, 2023. Counsellors must work a minimum of four full weeks with a bonus available if you commit to the entire summer (Pre camp plus nine weeks of camp).
● This is a day camp position. Living on site is not available at this time. Day camp bus stops are available in London, ON.
● Staff must bring their own lunches and snacks.
● Standard First Aid and CPR C is a must.
● NLS Lifeguarding qualification is an asset but not required
● Provide a Clear Background Check
● Skills in empathy, adaptability, initiative, problem solving, stress management
● Have a positive attitude and a willingness and openness to grow as a leader
● Must be able to work well with children and in a team setting.
● Horseback riding experience is an asset but not required
● Valid G Driver’s License is an asset but not required
The Ranch is currently hiring day camp counsellors for Summer Day Camp 2023. Through outdoor play, connecting with our animals and the natural world counsellors teach their campers responsibility, compassion, respect, self-esteem, the value of community, and the joy of living an active, healthy lifestyle. Counsellors are also responsible for keeping everyone safe, showing respect for each other and the land, and including everyone in the fun of camp.
To apply to work at camp this summer as a Day Camp Counsellor please go here.
For more information contact the Camp Director at email@example.com
Circle R Ranch
3017 Carriage Road
or Toll Free: (877) 844-8738