Job Description: The Leadership Director’s responsibilities include (but are not limited to) learning our core programs and implementing them for the leadership campers, developing, planning and preparing the leadership camper’s schedule, which includes important leadership sessions to help the campers learn about themselves and grow, teaching, mentoring and supporting the leadership campers on their two week journey at the ranch, and overall facilitating fun! As well you will be responsible for planning and supervising the leadership camper’s two weekend overnight outstrips on the land at Circle R. But being a leadership director is so much more. You get to be a host and a character in the lives of campers. You become a friend, mentor, and role model to both the leadership campers and other staff. You get an opportunity to inspire, share your passions and help others grow and learn about themselves. Most of all, you get to keep the fun and the positive spirit of camp going, all while having fun, finding purpose and learning about yourself.
● Leadership Directors must attend our Senior Pre-camp Training (June 20 – 23) as well as Pre-Camp Training from June 26 to June 30th, 2023.
● Day Camp runs from July 3rd, 2023 to September 1st, 2023. Programmers are asked, if possible, to commit to the entire summer..
● This is a day camp position. Living on site is not available at this time. Day camp bus stops are available in London, ON.
● Staff must bring their own lunches and snacks.
● Standard First Aid and CPR C is a must.
● NLS Lifeguarding qualification is an asset but not required
● Provide a Clear Background Check
● Skills in empathy, adaptability, initiative, problem solving, stress management
● Have a positive attitude and a willingness and openness to grow as a leader and receive feedback.
● Must be able to work well with children and in a team setting.
● Previous leadership training, especially at Circle R, is a huge asset.
● Horseback riding experience is an asset but not required
● Valid G Driver’s License is an asset but not required
The Ranch is hiring for two Leadership Directors for Summer Camp 2023 to run our two-week Leadership Journey Programs offered throughout July. Applicants must be able to facilitate outdoor-based experiences and develop lesson plans to teach responsibility, compassion, respect, self-esteem, community, healthy living, and other life skills to 14-15 year olds (Grades 9 and 10).
The 2-week program consists of two five day camp weeks, as well as two overnights with the Leaders on Circle R Ranch property. Participants will gain a greater understanding of their own leadership abilities, a stronger base of camp-related skills, and the satisfaction of having created lifelong friendships and memories.
For information about our Day Camp Leadership Two-Week Journey please go here.
To apply to work at camp this summer as a Day Camp Leadership Director please go here.
For more information please contact the Camp Director at email@example.com
Circle R Ranch
3017 Carriage Road
or Toll Free: (877) 844-8738