Job Description: This position is responsible for the overall supervision of the camp’s first aid needs. This includes first aid, some behaviour management, and helping in the office if needed. The Health Care Coordinator must be able to follow instructions, as well as work effectively without direct supervision. This individual must be organized, safety conscious, adaptable, and work well under pressure. They also help support Circle R staff members to learn stress management skills, critical and creative thinking, optimism, emotional intelligence, physical literacy, adaptability, initiative, problem solving, and more.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
● Oversee COVID protocol management
● Attend to campers and staff who require health and wellness attention
● Organize, document, and administer medications
● Study, organize and make staff aware of camper medical information each week (example: epipens, allergies, behavioural conditions like autism, etc.)
● Offer emotional support and tips on behaviour management, ie: home loneliness to campers and staff
● Assist with other administrative and program duties as needed
● Hospital transportation (camp vehicles are available) of campers or staff that require hospital treatment
● The Health Care Coordinator must attend our Senior Pre-camp Training (June 20 – 23) as well as Pre-Camp Training from June 26 to June 30th, 2023.
● Day Camp runs from July 3rd, 2023 to September 1st, 2023. Health Care Directors are asked, if possible, to commit to the entire summer..
● This is a day camp position. Living on site is not available at this time. Day camp bus stops are available in London, ON.
● Staff must bring their own lunches and snacks.
● Standard First Aid and CPR C is a must.
● Provide a Clear Background Check
● Skills in empathy, adaptability, initiative, problem solving, stress management
● Have a positive attitude and a willingness and openness to grow as a leader and receive feedback.
● Must be able to work well with children and in a team setting.
● Horseback riding experience is an asset but not required
● Valid G Driver’s License is required
The Ranch is currently hiring a day camp Health Care Coordinator for Summer Day Camp 2023. Through outdoor play, connecting with our animals and the natural world the Health Care Coordinator teaches their campers responsibility, compassion, respect, self-esteem, the value of community, and the joy of living an active, healthy lifestyle. They are also responsible for keeping everyone safe, showing respect for each other and the land, and including everyone in the fun of camp.
To apply to work at camp this summer as a Day Camp Health Care Coordinator please go here.
For more information please contact the Camp Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Circle R Ranch
3017 Carriage Road
or Toll Free: (877) 844-8738